Monday, January 28, 2013

Workbenches 4

Okay so I did a wet run and made 2 of the four workbenches I planned on making. As you can see I did not have enough room in my workshop for cutting and assembling because it is currently full of disorganized junk. I have a few notes about how this went together that I would like to do differently on the other two benches. What I really didn't like for the most part was cutting off the plywood end. I used a regular push saw to flush cut it, the one in the picture. While cutting from the bottom I got a lot of tear out on the top. I suppose I could fix that will some masking tape but I tried cutting from the top. The problem with that is that I could not see the lumber below to get an actual flush cut and I ended up cutting into it. I think that cutting from the bottom with a pull saw or using some tape would do the trick. In any case I'll have to wait to give it another go, I'm out of glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment