Saturday, January 26, 2013

Workbenches 3

Ok so I got some things done on my benches. Including the frame for the top. 
Make sure your top side is square in the cross beam department or the top of your
bench will be all out of wack. FUZZY! Sorry someday I will get a better camera. 

I did not like how the ends split a little while screwing it together so I screwed an
extra 3" deck screw in  through the bottom. That should hold it in place.

You can see here I tried to line up the board as best I could. I think it turned out pretty good.

All screwed together there is the top frame.

Then I put it under my plywood because I noticed it was starting to warp a
bit from the heavy saw and the carpet. 
Once that was fixed I cut the rest of the wood for the 2 benches except for the custom ~8.5" boards that get cut during assembly. so I have boards one through thirteen cut, marked and ready to be assembled along the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment