Friday, January 25, 2013

Workbenches 2


Ok, I finally had a little time to work on my benches. The first thing I did was set up the chop saw and box. My workshop floor is carpet over pored cement. While it is pretty level it is no so flat so I layed down one of the 3/4" plywood peices to make it flatter.









Above you can see the specially made box that is the exact same height of the chopsaws table.












Here you can see the how straight the playwood is when laying on the floor.

Then I read the directions on the EAA 1000 website and it says to build the top first and then build it upside-down so I cut the 2x4s I needed to make the frame that is the top. Those boards I cut were 1, 2, 5, 6, 10 and 11. After cutting look like this:


For those of you not farmilliar with woodwork; more on cutting exactly, keeping track of your wood and framing later.

-Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment